"Anguish" by August Friedrich


Initially I thought that I should not write about  this painting because I find it sorrowful and a little uneasy for me and could be for the majority of the people. It is also creepy with all the crows surrounding the sheep with the dead lamb. I remembered that I was talking with a friend, he was reading a book about  “The art as therapy” by the philosopher Alain de Bottom. To be honest, I never heard about him before. Then, my friend Raul said me to looked at the picture to see a painting of a Danish painter called August Friedrich. 









For me this painting shows fear, anger, despair, it was very impressive, and confusing. On the other hand, very majestic, seductive  stunning and dignified .  I cannot imagine the ewe in the winter, a snowing landscape, quivering, trying to protect the body of her dead lamb, it is also sinister and fierce, how crows are surrounding the ewe waiting for an opportunity, I was profoundly moved with the anguish for grieving ewe that I almost cried. 

Otherwise, is a moving  and meaningful painting  because if you try to see it in a metaphoric sense,  we could say that crows represent the society, it shows how inhumanity prevalent in our days and sometimes we are just waiting for our own benefit and we don´t care about the feelings of the people, we don´t feel empathy easily, if  we act like the crows but I am sure we can see life in a more colorful way and reflect that could be difficult sometimes. Never be cruel and never act as a crow.





Comentarios

  1. Wow, it's a very deep and impassioned thought and way to see the life but I like your perspective, unfortunately, many people don't care about the others but there are "other" people who make the difference in this chaotic world. Everyone chooses who to be in favor of.

    ResponderEliminar
  2. Wow that is this definitely a piece of art that must be observed from different perspectives at first death, and how to deal with it. I'm wordless with this ....

    ResponderEliminar

Publicar un comentario